Posted on the 2023-02-18 at 19:33
Neil's Holiday Kremas
- evaporated milk
- sweetened condensed milk
- cream of coconut
- star anise
- vanilla extract
- star anise extract
- lime juice
- Rhum Barbancourt (or available dark rum)
- The first step is to infuse the milk with the spices.
- In a saucepan, combine evaporated milk with 3 star anise, 3 cinnamon stick and 5 whole cloves.
- Heat milk until it is very warm just untill little bubbles start appearing at the perimeter, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Turn off heat and leave to cool. Keep in the refrigerator overnight for the spices to infuse the milk.
- The next day, strain evaporated milk and discard the spices.
- Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut with all of the spices and flavorings in a blender.
- Next we add our lime zest, lime juice and rum.
- Blend it all up until nice and creamy.
- Chill in glass bottles, .
- Serve garnished with freshly grated nutmeg.